From the set menu I had last night $55 per person:
1. AMUSE BOUCHE - no picture, it was the size of a typical sauce bowl and has a rather tangy/ spicy flavour, hard to digest as it was a tad too salty. I guess it's hard to add "Asian" flavours to something traditionally French.
2. EDAMAME - this should have been given as a complimentary dish rather than part of the set menu
3. CUTTLEFISH CAKE - presentation reminds me of a typical salt and pepper squid dish rather than "cuttle fish"? I think the chef is a little confused as it was clearly calamari I was eating and not cuttle fish.
4. SUSHI AND SASHIMI - Average, sushi train quality dishes
5. RICE PAPER ROLL - It's hard to replicate such a famous, well-loved Vietnamese dish - rice paper rolls should be authentic and traditional otherwise it's risky attempting to change the concept.
6. Choice of main, I chose the slow-cooked pork belly - Average presentation and tasting.
I guess overall the experience was okay, what the food lacked, the ambience of the lofty design and yummy cocktails made up for it. What I enjoyed most was some of the commentary in the drinks menu under each of the cocktails description - a lot of sarcasm and humour.
|Sass & Bide Black rats leggings, Dolce and Gabbana Miss Sicily Lambskin bag, Asos tan pumps, Fur Scarf|