Armory Wharf Cafe - Newington, Sydney
Food captured above:
- Garlic prawns served in a ceramic pot with casa panotte
- Pork and pistachio terrine served w/ Heidi Gruyere (Tas), cornichons and panotte bread
- Chorizo, diced octopus & olives baked and served in a ceramic pot with lemon & parsley
- Seasonal Sharing Plate with Italian casa panotte bread - mini saffron arancini balls, Baked ricotta blended with olives & grapes, Caprese salad – tomato, basil and boconcini
- Confit duck Maryland w/ star anise and blood orange sauce served with roasted sweet potato salad
- Pan fried (seared) john dory fillet w/ fennel, orange and walnut salad
Armory Wharf Cafe is not only family-friendly, it caters to the need of all demographics.
Situated next to a busy children's park and by the water (it's on the wharf - duh!), this is the perfect location for breakfast and brunch/ lunch for the family, couples, friends....or whatever floats your boat- even by yourself (and your best friend ipad or maybe a book).
Quick Rating Guide:
Food - Breakfast 7/10, lunch 5/10 >>>> it's not the best food, but it's decent and edible.
I had the duck and every time I see the words "confit duck and orange" in the same sentence, I imagine the famous orange marinated duck at Bills. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near as good.
Service - 6/10 >>>> the waiting time can be ridiculous, even with a booking
Location - 8/10
Ambience - 8/10
Parking - since it's located next to a busy park, parking can take up to 30mins
Downfall - it's weather permitted, I can't imagine the place to shine on a dull rainy day
Advice - book in advance on weekends
Advantages - a funky unique eatery closer to home, you won't have to trek all that way to Surry Hills or Darlinghurst just to have a decent brunch. This is also a great venue for capturing photos ;)
Short review/post because currently experiencing writer's block, heck I don't even know if I'm making any sense. I'm too busy thinking about the Christmas menu for Sunday and salivating at the thought of pan-fried scallops mmmmmm
Wearing; Red Asos skirt with belt, Topshop bow suspenders stockings, Wedges and tote from a Korean store in Chinatown, Third Millennium silk blouse, Fendi bracelet, Pop Up Shop necklace, Fox tail faux fur key chain